2020 VIRTUAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Making Awesome Things Happen (M.A.T.H.) Presents The Summer 2020 Virtual Learning Experience
Sponsored By H-E-B
When: July 20th - 24th
Time: 9 am - 12 pm
For: Children ages 9 & 10 and who get free or reduced lunch
This virtual learning experience will provide hands-on mathematics learning opportunities for attendees.
-Limited number of spots available.
-Students must commit to attend all 5 days.
-Students must have access to internet and computer or laptop.
For questions email email@example.com
Visit www.makingawesomethingshappen.org to complete application
CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE EXPERIENCE!
MATH DREAM CENTER CAMPAIGN
CLICK BELOW TO DONATE
Making Awesome Things Happen (M.A.T.H.) is a community based, not for profit, 501(c)(3), volunteer organization, dedicated to developing mathematical proficiency in economically disadvantaged students by sharpening basic fundamental mathematical skills by implementing culturally relevant pedagogy and curriculum. Our overall goal is to help traditionally underrepresented students become proficient and confident in mathematics enough to be successful in academics and life. We also desire to increase the number of minorities in STEM related fields.
M.A.T.H. provides free mathematics tutoring, free mathematics summer camps, student-specific interventions to public schools, and professional development for pre- and in-service teachers.
· One-on-One Tutoring: MATH provides free one-one-one tutoring to youth in grades K-12 that receive free or reduced lunch at various locations in the Texas. One-on-one tutoring allows the opportunity for learning to take place on an individual need basis.
· Summer MATH Camp: MATH hosts free two-week summer MATH camps each summer for students in grades K-12 that receive free or reduced lunch. The camps provide a fun atmosphere for children to intentionally learn and share mathematics.
· School Interventions: MATH provides culturally relevant mathematics interventions to interested schools. The interventions are designed based on the needs of the students.
· Mobile Tutoring: M.A.T.H. provided free tutoring on a mobile bus equipped with laptops and other technology to inner city youth in the past. We lost access to the mobile bus, and it is our goal to obtain access to another bus to be able to offer this service again.
· Professional Development: MATH provides training for teachers on research based instructional strategies that help improve mathematical proficiency among traditionally underrepresented students. Training includes the knowledge and support necessary to enact best practices.